Wednesday, September 13, 2006

[nw2004s] change standard web template

If you copy 0ANALYSIS_PATTERN, make sure you apply Note 931043. After applying that note, make sure you log in to the WAD after applying the note and refresh your metadata from the options menu... Then copy 0ANALYSIS_PATTERN again... Go to SMICM and invalidate the cache as well. This should resolve your issue.

We are running SP7.
I have just executed RS_TEMPLATE_MAINTAIN_70 using the directions in note 917950. When I analyse and validate I receive two warnings: Query does not exist in the BI System (Object QU ) and Mapping for Service item_validation_service for Object CONTEXT_MENU_ITEM missing. When I execute in Debug mode the teamplate executes correctly. I believe I am receiving the warnings listed above because my template is just a copy of 0ANALYSIS_PATTERN with logos and stuff added.

After the test above, I receive the same results when I use the BEx Web Analyzer iView.

Perhaps restart of the J2EE Engine (Portal) could work. Nevertheless you should create an OSS-Message for this problem.